It’s month #2 and time for me to test out the Cricut Explore again. Like I’ve said before, I don’t craft—at all. So if I can do it and create an awesome project like this-all of you guys can too! Besides, if you want a real beginner’s review, that would be me!
Plus since Christmas is coming up, I knew doing some fun reviews for Cricut could help you guys know if you wanted to put it on your lists or not. **If you missed last month’s project, you can see it here. It’s a Gear Statement Necklace.
This month’s project? Kid’s Halloween Party Masks!! Aren’t they super cute? These are made with the Cricut Explore. Just download the SVG file I’ve given you below and cut out your masks. Glue. Then add some elastic. That’s it! You could give these masks as a Halloween party favor or have them as part of the party.
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Cricut Explore (Reg $299.. its on sale right now for $249!!)
- Glittery Foam Sheets in Purple, White, Black, Red and Green for $.99 each at HobbyLobby. However, you might want to grab a 30-pack through Amazon for around $9.49 to save money and use the other sheets on future projects.
- Black Round Elastic Cord for $1.59 at HobbyLobby
- Tacky Glue. (Any other crafting glue should work too.)
- Black Cricut Explore Pen
HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR SUPPLIES:
- Hobby Lobby has a 40% off one regular price item coupon you can print off on their website or show on your phone. That can help with anything that isnt already on sale.
- Use your JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels or Hancock Fabrics Coupons to help you save! **You can also shop these stores online and it might actually end up being cheaper with Free Shipping Minimums. Or the shipping cost may be cheaper than gas for you. They all have coupon codes online to save even more money on a regular basis as well!
- Shop online! You can usually get all of the items you need from Amazon at really great prices. Plus, remember that with Amazon Prime your order will ship free. Or, if your order total is $35 or more, it will ship free too! You can get Amazon Prime if you sign for Amazon Mom (Its a FREE 3- month trial), or by signing up for the Amazon Student Program.
LETS GET STARTED:
[gview file=”http://freebies2deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Frank-2.svg”] [gview file=”http://freebies2deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/skeleton1.svg”] [gview file=”http://freebies2deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Bat1.svg”]
Step #1: Download this SVG File above and upload it to your Cricut Explore to cut out. You can choose from a Bat, Skeleton and Frankenstein. (**Don’t forget to change the “Scars” on the Skeleton and Frankenstein Masks to “Write” with the Midnight Black Pen.)
Step #2: After you have cut out your pieces, glue them together and let it dry completely.
Step #3: Thread the elastic through the holes on each side of the mask and fit to whomever is wearing it.
Voila! You’re done. This project is super simple and something anyone can do to make Halloween a little more fun. And just so you know, the width of each mask is 5″ to 6″. So it fits little kids, like my two munchkins above. Enjoy! And HAPPY Early HALLOWEEN!
Ive teamed up with a bunch of fun Crafty Bloggersall of us incorporating Halloween Celebrations into our projects one way or another. Here they all are:
Make sure you check out all of their projects! These guys are actual Craft bloggers and had some awesome Halloween Party ideas using the Cricut Explore!