It’s month #2 and time for me to test out the Cricut Explore again. Â Like I’ve said before, I don’t craft—at all. Â SoÂ if I can do it and create an awesome project like thisâ-all of you guys can too! Â Besides, if you want a real beginner’s review, that would be me!Â
Plus sinceÂ Christmas is coming up, I knew doing some fun reviews for Cricut could help you guys know if you wanted to put it on your lists or not.Â Â **If you missed last month’s project, you can see it here. Â It’s a Gear Statement Necklace.Â
This month’s project? Â Kid’s Halloween Party Masks!! Aren’t they super cute? Â These are made with the Cricut Explore. Â Just download the SVG file I’ve given you below and cut out your masks. Â Glue. Â Then add some elastic. Â That’s it! Â You could give these masks as a Halloween party favor or have them as part of the party.
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Cricut ExploreÂ (Reg $299.. itâs on sale right now for $249!!)
- Glittery Foam Sheets in Purple, White, Black, Red and Green for $.99 each at HobbyLobby. Â However, you might want to grab a 30-pack through Amazon for around $9.49 to save money and use the other sheets on future projects.
- Black Round Elastic Cord for $1.59 at HobbyLobby
- Tacky Glue. (Any other crafting glue should work too.)
- Black Cricut Explore PenÂ
HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR SUPPLIES:
- Hobby Lobby has a 40% off one regular price item coupon you can print off on their websiteÂ or show on your phone. That can help with anything that isnât already on sale.
- Use yourÂ JoAnn Fabrics,Â MichaelâsÂ orÂ Hancock FabricsÂ Coupons to help you save! Â **You can also shop these storesÂ online and it might actually end up being cheaper with Free Shipping Minimums. Â Or the shipping cost may be cheaper than gas for you. They all have coupon codes online to save even more money on a regular basis as well!
- Shop online! Â You can usuallyÂ get all of the items you need from Amazon atÂ really great prices.Â Plus, remember that with Amazon Prime your order will ship free. Or, if your order total is $35 or more, it will ship free too! You can get Amazon Prime if youÂ sign for Amazon MomÂ (Itâs a FREE 3- month trial),Â or byÂ signing up for the Amazon Student Program.
LETâS GET STARTED:
[gview file=”http://freebies2deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Frank-2.svg”] [gview file=”http://freebies2deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/skeleton1.svg”] [gview file=”http://freebies2deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Bat1.svg”]
Step #1: Â Download this SVG File aboveÂ and upload it to your Cricut Explore to cut out. Â You can choose from a Bat, Skeleton and Frankenstein. Â (**Don’t forget to change the “Scars” on the Skeleton and Frankenstein Masks to “Write” with the Midnight Black Pen.)
Step #2: Â After you have cut out your pieces, glue them together and let it dry completely.
Step #3: Thread the elastic through the holes on each side of the mask and fit to whomever is wearing it.
Voila! You’re done. Â This project is super simple and something anyoneÂ can do to make Halloween a little more fun. Â And just so you know, theÂ width of each mask is 5″ to 6″. Â So it fits little kids, like my two munchkins above. Enjoy! Â And HAPPY Early HALLOWEEN!
Iâve teamed up with a bunch of fun Crafty Bloggersâall of us incorporating Halloween CelebrationsÂ into our projects one way or another. Â Here they all are:
Make sure you check out all of their projects! Â These guys are actual Craft bloggers and had some awesome Halloween Party ideasÂ using theÂ Cricut Explore!