It’s month #3 and time for me to test out the Cricut Explore again. Like I’ve said before, I don’t craft—at all. So if I can do it and create an awesome project like this—-all of you guys can too! Besides, if you want a real beginner’s review, that would be me!
Plus since Christmas is coming up, I knew doing some fun reviews for Cricut could help you guys know if you wanted to put it on your lists or not. **If you missed last month’s project, you can see it here. It’s a Kid’s Halloween Masks Tutorial!
This month, our theme was “Natural Holiday”. So I thought creating a fun Thanksgiving Hostess Gift tag would be perfect for those of you wanting to give your hostess a little THANK YOU for making all of that yummy food! You can put it over any bottle or beverage you want to give as a gift. Since I don’t drink wine, I opted for Martenelli’s Sparkling Cider instead. ðŸ˜‰
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Cricut Explore (Reg $299.. it’s on sale right now for $249!!)
- Grab different colors of paper to create your Bottle Hanger, Leaves and any other embellishments you want to include. I found all of mine at Hobby Lobby when they were doing a 50% off sale—making each sheet around $.30 each.
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks (Around $6 and $4 for the cheapest models)
- Gold Alphabet Foam or Raised Letters (to be used to customize your gift to your recipient using their last name initial)
- Ribbon in any Natural Color that matches your paper choices.
- Black Cricut Explore Pen
HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR SUPPLIES:
- Hobby Lobby has a 40% off one regular price item coupon you can print off on their website or show on your phone. That can help with anything that isn’t already on sale.
- Use your JoAnn Fabrics, Michael’s or Hancock Fabrics Coupons to help you save! **You can also shop these stores online and it might actually end up being cheaper with Free Shipping Minimums. Or the shipping cost may be cheaper than gas for you. They all have coupon codes online to save even more money on a regular basis as well!
- Shop online! You can usually get all of the items you need from Amazon at really great prices. Plus, remember that with Amazon Prime your order will ship free. Or, if your order total is $35 or more, it will ship free too! You can get Amazon Prime if you sign for Amazon Mom (It’s a FREE 3- month trial), or by signing up for the Amazon Student Program.
LET’S GET STARTED:
Step #2: Once you have all of the pieces cut out, you can start assembling them together in any way you want. Be creative! There is no wrong way to do it. Glue them on with a Hot Glue Gun.
Step #3: Oh wait… there is no step 3… that is how easy this project is! Don’t you just love it??
I’ve teamed up with a bunch of fun Crafty Bloggers—all of us incorporating Natural Holiday into our projects one way or another. Here they all are:
Make sure you check out all of their projects! These guys are actual Craft bloggers and had some awesome Natural Holiday ideas using the Cricut Explore!
Wood Leaf Gift Tags by Hideous, Dreadful, Stinky
Rustic Friendship Bracelets by Among the Young
Holiday Cork Coasters by Sewbon
Burlap Glitter Placemats by The Project Girl
Rustic Fall Wreath by Laura’s Crafty Life
Paper Feathers by The Country Chic Cottage
Thanksgiving Hostess Gift Tag by Freebies 2 Deals
Thanksgiving Table Serving Utensils by Stuffed Suitcase
Give Thanks wood banner by Brooklyn Berry Designs