I’ve had a bunch of readers ask about setting up a Baby Registry. Everyone who already has kids knows how expensive everything can be. But, as a first time Mom, you might not really know what things you need to add to your Registry and which things you should totally skip.
A lot of Baby Websites have put together Baby Registry lists, like this one from Parents Magazine. But, everyone is so different! And you might not necessarily need everything on the list.
Here are the items I think all new Moms should have:
- Desitin or Other Baby Rash Cream
- Baby Shampoo/Baby Wash/Baby Lotion
- Binkie Clip
- A Few Baby Onesies. ( I would recommend washing and drying some of them beforehand because you never know what size your baby will be when they arrive.)
- I love Baby Sleep Gowns. They are perfect for quick diaper changes in the middle of the night. No snapping or buttoning anything in the dark.
- Baby Blankets you can swaddle your baby in.
- Medical Grade Nose Syringe. (Ask your nurse at the hospital if they have one you can keep.) The store bought ones are NOT good.
- Baby Nail Clippers
- Baby Bathing Seat/Tub you can put in your bathtub.
- All items you might need for Nursing or for Bottle Feeding
- The Angelcare Baby Monitor! It will sound an alarm if your baby stops breathing for longer than 20 seconds. I personally think this is a MUST! I got a lot more sleep because I knew the alarm would go off if something was wrong. You don’t always have to keep checking on your baby.
- Baby Swing. I am a big fan of the Fisher Price Cradle N Swing: Snugabunny. We had a different swing with baby #1. But it was battery operated and we ended up spending more on batteries than if we would have just gone with one that plugged in. This swing is wonderful!
- Baby Stroller
- Baby Carseat
- Baby Crib and/or Baby Bassinet/Pack n Play with Bassinet
Ok, Your Turn!! What Items Do You Really Need to Add to Your Registry? Which Items Should You Skip?