Today, Jan 5th, is the day to Cancel your Blockbuster Free Trial if you signed up for the 2- week trial. If you signed up for the month long free trial, then I will not be able to remind you to cancel. So write it down on your calendar.
If you didn’t get a chance to sign up for a free two weeks of movies in the mail and in store, go here to get started. You can even choose to get an entire free month of movies from Blockbuster.
If you have previously signed up for Blockbuster, follow the instructions below.
- Sign in at blockbuster.com
- Click on My Account at the top of the page.
- Under the Subscription Plan Heading, Click on Cancel.
- Then, they will try to get you to stay longer. Click on the blue link that says Cancel My Subscription.
- If you have any movies, make sure you return them today!
- Print out a copy of your cancellation.
The cancellation confirmation page will state that “in order to avoid charges, the DVDs must be received no later than 2/06/10. Well, that’s tomorrow. So, I called Blockbuster and they told me that we actually have 10 days from today to get the movie back to them without being charged. So, this is what I recommend for added security:
- Return your movie today in the mail. Or, you should be able to return the movie at a local Blockbuster.
- Then, go to your account again.
- Under Billing and Payment Method, click on change. Keep your cc number the same and simply change the 3 digit card security code. If for any strange and weird reason, they accidentally try to charge your card, they won’t be able to. **Just make sure your movies are back this week, or they can charge you and send a collection notice.