Do you feel like you smile enough? Â Have you ever really even thought about it? Â The fact of the matter is, there is much more to smiling than just seeing something cute or funny. Â There are countless benefits, both health and otherwise that you should smile more often. Â We are going to focus on just a few of those.
Here, my friends, are five reasons you should smile more:
- You will make others happy. Â Itâs true, smiling is contagious. Â Now donât you want the people around you to be happy? Â I know I do. Â Even if Iâm having a so so day, I like to âfake it til I make itâ and put on the best smile I can so that others may be inspired to do the same. Â As my high school coach told it, itâs all about attitude!
- Smiling is friendly. Â Are you trying to network? Â Or, are you at least trying to not scare people off? Â Smiling is the easiest and quickest way to present yourself as a friendly person and become more approachable. Â As someone who is trying to build up a business, I find that this is extremely important when networking. Â No one is going to want to work with a grump. Â Get that smile on and get more interaction from others.
- Smiling makes you appear more trustworthy and approachable. Â Kind of piggy backing off of #2 here, but this is true. Â When you smile, you are more likely to be seen as approachable and definitely more trustworthy. Â Think about it. Â Would you want to ask a favor from the guy scowling in the corner? Â Or the nice gentleman that smiled at you when you walked in? Â Food for thought.
- It makes you happier. Â Nope, that is not just some new age hooey. Â Smiling boosts your white blood cell count, which helps to boost your immune system!
- It just feels good. Â No joke, think about how you feel when you are busy being angry with a scowl on your face. Â Now think about the last big grin you had and how you felt inside. Â There is something to be said for that old saying âit takes more muscles to frown than it takes to smile.â
Now smile everyone and have a beautiful day!